xfs file system w/ selinux?

Stephen Smalley sds at epoch.ncsc.mil
Fri Oct 8 17:29:11 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 13:23, Justin Conover wrote:
> Is there any downside to running xfs with selinux?
>
> I'm just testing(playing) with test2 and I was thinking of using
> lvm/xfs/selinux.  Choosing xfs because it is a good fs and easier to
> grow online than ext3.  Plus I'm just testing :)

We haven't tried xfs with SELinux ourselves, but it _should_ work.
Please report any problems.  It has xattr handlers for the security
namespace.  There was an earlier problem with xfs preventing SELinux
from internally accessing the xattrs, but I believe that has been fixed.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds at epoch.ncsc.mil>
National Security Agency