setools in Fedora

Yuichi Nakamura himainu-ynakam at miomio.jp
Mon Oct 18 18:10:37 UTC 2004

"Karl MacMillan" <kmacmillan at tresys.com> wrote:
> A couple of questions to help narrow things down:
> * Do you use any other TCL/TK apps and do they show similar behavior?
I ran sample /usr/share/tcl8.4/BWidget-1.4.1/demo.
It is slow.
It will be problem of tcl/tk or BWidgets.

> * Once the tool is displayed do things seem normal?
Yes.
First time tabs are displayed, it is slow,
but after clicking all tabs and displayed all tabs, it seems normal.

> * How slow is the startup (10 secs, 30 secs, 1 minute, etc)?
In my environment(celeron1.7Ghz, memory 256Mb, Gnome),
it takes about 10-20 secs for one tab to be displayed.

> * Are you passing any command-line parameters?
No command parameters.

---
Yuichi Nakamura
Japan SELinux Users Group(JSELUG)