AVCs with ntpd

Felipe Alfaro Solana felipe_alfaro at linuxmail.org
Mon Sep 20 18:33:09 UTC 2004

> I wonder about step 2. below. If you have the latest (and even just a
> recent) kernel, all of the SELinux patches are in the kernel already.

I´m running a custom kernel (exactly 2.6.9-rc2-mm1-VP-S1). Since I
disabled SElinux, I had no support for it compiled in the kernel, thus
the recompilation.

> Bringing your system up2date is also a good idea as some of the
> utilities
> (nptd?) have SELinux related patches.

I'm always running from RawHide ;-)

> I also think that step 5. needs to be done before steps 3 and 4.
>
> You might boot a couple of times with 5. set, then do 3. and 4.
>
> At least that is what I have done.

AFAIK, you don't need to get SElinux enabled in order to relabel the
filesystem. It seems my problems are caused by vanilla kernels not
having xattrs support for tmpfs yet. I'll take the RedHat kernel SRPM
and will extract the tmpfs xattr support.

Thanks!