udev slowness and selinux

Jason Dravet dravet at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 7 00:08:03 UTC 2005

>From: Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com>
>To: Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com>
>CC: Jason Dravet <dravet at hotmail.com>, SELinux-dev at tresys.com,
>fedora-selinux-list at redhat.com
>Subject: Re: udev slowness and selinux
>Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 13:28:51 -0500
>
>Updated udev policy on ftp://people.redhat.com/dwalsh/SELinux/Fedora/
>
>udev-076-1.i386.rpm

I installed the above rpm and now udev starts in 9 seconds.  Much better!
The slowdown started when the targeted policy moved from version 1 to 2.

Back in late November Harald Hoyer asked users in fedora-devel-list to do
some "udev alpha testing" and he created a udev-076-1 package.  I don't know
if your udev rpm will cause people some problems/yum confusion or not.

Thanks to everyone who is working on selinux.  Keep up the good work.

Jason