selinux and mail() in php code

Hongwei Li hongwei at wustl.edu
Tue Feb 1 16:00:42 UTC 2005

> On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 09:27:16AM -0600, Hongwei Li wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I posted this message a few days ago, but haven't seen any reply.  Did
>> miss some posts?  Here, I include my test code and post it again.  Hope
selinux experts can help me.

> PHP mail() should be working if you are really running the latest
policy, it works fine here.  Do you have an
> /etc/selinux/targeted/policy.18.rpmnew file?
>
> joe

What I have are:

# ls -l /etc/selinux/targeted/
total 24
-rwx------  1 root root  432 Jan  5 15:38 booleans
drwxr-xr-x  4 root root 4096 Jan 26 13:49 contexts
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Jan 26 13:49 policy

# ls -l /etc/selinux/targeted/policy/
total 332
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 328447 Jan 19 16:44 policy.18

and my /etc/selinux/config is

# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
#       enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
#       permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing. #
disabled - SELinux is fully disabled.
SELINUX=Enforcing
# SELINUXTYPE= type of policy in use. Possible values are:
#       targeted - Only targeted network daemons are protected.
#       strict - Full SELinux protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

Did I miss something?  I recently installed the new policy 1.17.30-2.73 on
Jan-26-2005, then did

# restorecon -R -v /var/lib /var/spool
# rpm -q -l mysql-server | restorecon -R -v -f -

Should I do something else after that, specifically for php or sendmail,
or...?

Thanks!

Hongwei