Changing Permisions

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sun Feb 20 12:09:47 UTC 2005

On Sunday 20 February 2005 11:00, "John Ramsbacher" <jbbacher at hotmail.com>
wrote:
> I've installed Fedora Core 3 on a duel boot system with windows 98 (fat 32)
> and have mounted the windows partition from Fedora but find that I can only
> write to the windows partition if I'm logged in as root.  How do I change
> the permissions to allow me to write to certain folders on the windows
> partition without compromising the security biult into SELinux.  Remember
> that I'm new to this so try to explain it step by step or point me to a web
> page that explains it step by step.  Much Thanks.  John

Isn't this a case of having the files mode 0755 and owned by root?  I don't
think that SE Linux is stopping you from doing what you want to do, I think
it's something that you would have if SE Linux was not active.

Someone here may be able to help you solve this, but I don't think it's a SE
Linux problem.  Maybe setting the uid= or gid= mount options for the Windows
partition will help.