Horde Application Suite and SELinux...

Tom Lisjac netdxr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 17:17:14 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:33:25 -0500, Colin Walters <walters at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 09:49 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
>

> >>I made a huge mess when I started hacking the policy sources in
> >>FC2...

> One other note - all my comments were relative to the rawhide targeted
> policy (which in the case of httpd AFAIK isn't very divergent from FC3).
> However I know the delta between FC2 and FC3 is larger, particularly due
> to the strict->targeted transition, and it's quite possible there are
> bugs there (such as the one you are encountering) which are fixed in
> FC3.  Upgrading very strongly recommended :)

Yes, I'm happily running the targeted policy in FC3! I was alluding to
my less then elegant attemtps to modify the strict policy in FC2. :)

I fixed the problem with the aspell call by adding the following rules
per Karsten's excellent writeup on making policy changes with a
local.te:

allow httpd_sys_script_t httpd_tmp_t:file read;
allow httpd_sys_script_t httpd_tmp_t:file getattr;

Thanks for your comments and suggestions... much appreciated!

-Tom