newbie question

Jordan Morgan jordan.morgan at usg.edu
Wed Jan 5 23:48:16 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm currently running FC2 instead of FC3. Tried to enable SELinux by
running in /root
    yum install policy policycoreutils

as instructed by the Fedora 2 SELinux FAQ page. However it failed. I got
error message of Package not found and all. Checked out another FAQ page
and they said something about modifying the yum.conf file to include the
ftp site managed by Dan Walsh, and then running the command of
    yum install checkpolicy policy policycoreutils pam passwd vixie-cron

this time, pam, passwd, and vixie-cron were installed (even though I
don't know what they are and what they do), but got more error messages
saying the policy headers need some file(not included).

I tried to go through your archive and look for answers but got no luck
so far. I thought I might give this a try first while reading more of
the threads. I apologize in advance if this is a repeated question.

On the redhat site, they said SELinux is not functional in FC2 and
suggested user to install FC3. So I guess my another question is: Should
I seek help in installing SELinux in the current FC2 or should I simply
install FC3 instead?

Your help on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jordan