users public_html access

John Griffiths fedora at grifent.com
Fri Jul 22 16:44:28 UTC 2005

I cannot get users public_html content to publish in FC4. I keep getting
"You don't have permission to access /~<user>/ on this server." I can
access the user's public_html when I change SELinux to Permissive.

I searched the archives and did not find anything, and I followed the
direction in section 4 of "Understanding and Customizing the Apache HTTP
SELinux Policy" which was written for FC3.

The httpd booleans are:
httpd_builtin_scripting         active
httpd_can_network_connect       active
httpd_disable_trans             inactive
httpd_enable_cgi                active
httpd_enable_homedirs           active
httpd_ssi_exec                  active
httpd_suexec_disable_trans      inactive
httpd_tty_comm                  inactive
httpd_unified                   active

The security setting on the user's public_html and the files in the
directory is user_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t . Obviously the
standard UGW permissions are OK since turning off SELinux allows the
content to be accessed.

What am I missing, or is this a bug?

Thanks,
John Griffiths