Problem with saslauthd and winbind

Tom Lisjac netdxr at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 22:18:39 UTC 2005

Cyrus-imap authentication fails when using saslauthd with pam and
winbind in active directory mode. I'm running FC4 with
selinux-policy-targeted-1.25.3-6 . The following in local.te fixes it:

allow saslauthd_t samba_var_t:dir search;
allow saslauthd_t selinux_config_t:dir search;
allow saslauthd_t selinux_config_t:file { getattr read };
allow saslauthd_t winbind_t:unix_stream_socket connectto;
allow saslauthd_t winbind_var_run_t:sock_file { getattr write };

My question is: should this be reported as a bug? There are a large
number of possible configurations with saslauthd, pam and winbind. Is
the ultimate goal to support them all?

-Tom