more latest selinux policy change problems

Stephen Smalley sds at tycho.nsa.gov
Wed Jun 22 19:33:43 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 13:29 -0600, Tom Lisjac wrote:
> Woudn't it be better to simply stop pushing SELinux updates to older
> versions rather then continuing to apply new and possibliy
> incompatible features of the newer release?

I don't think that the breakage was intentional/expected.  As I
understand it, Dan only pushes updated policies to older releases as
needed to fix specific bugs or to deal with newer kernels (which may
introduce newer SELinux permission checks, and thus require new policy
allowing those permissions).  I'd view the breakage as a bug.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency