more latest selinux policy change problems

Daniel Normolle monk at umich.edu
Wed Jun 22 21:35:26 UTC 2005

Tom Lisjac wrote:

> We can't afford RHEL. If updating installed Fedoras is going to cause
> them to become unstable after a new version release, we'll have no
> choice but to migrate to another OS.

I backed out of the problematic policy update by getting the
source for the previous update, using rpmbuild to construct the
binary .rpm and using the --force option to return to the
earlier policy.  If I can do it, you can do it.  It was
inconvenient, but nothing compared to my peer Windoze
users' weekly struggles with the latest and greatest anti-virus
software.

dpn

--
Daniel Normolle, Ph.D.

Research Assistant Professor         Senior Research Associate

Department of Radiation Oncology      UMCCC Biostatistics Unit

Room 8D22                               Voice:    734-764-2473
300 North Ingalls                      E-mail:  monk at umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0473                    FAX:  734-936-9582
                            http://www-personal.umich.edu/~monk