[FC3] kernel panic after selinux-policy-targeted update

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Tue Jun 28 17:46:58 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 10:27:53PM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 June 2005 22:07, Ben Stringer <ben at burbong.com> wrote:
> > I did an update this afternoon, which included the selinux policy update
> > and the latest kernel (kernel-2.6.11-1.35_FC3). During the yum update,
> > things started breaking as the update applied the new policies (eg. I
> > couldn't use ssh from the laptop to other hosts).
>
> Did things work better after you had booted the new kernel?  Maybe the problem
> is a combination of new policy and slightly older kernel.

I updated the bz ticket #161867.  All the systems I had this problem
with were running 2.6.11-1.27_FC3 at the time the update was done.
The systems running 2.6.11-1.35_FC3 didn't experience the problem.  So
it does appear that the problem is the older kernel and the newer
policy.