kickstart install of rawhide with SE Linux MCS policy

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sat Sep 24 07:06:33 UTC 2005

As you have probably noticed there are kudzu dependencies that make upgrading
a machine to rawhide a PITA.

As an easy method of installing a MCS machine I've created a kick-start config
for it.  Firstly you have to have a kickstart server (have copied all FC4
files to the server and made suitable configuration to the DHCP server or
whatever - neither of these lists is appropriate for the details of
kick-start configuration so I won't try to explain).

The file ks.cfg refers to "SERV" which should be replaced by the IP address of
the NFS and web server used.  The file archive.tgz (attached) needs to be on
the web server (modifying ks.cfg to have it use an NFS server instead is easy
enough).  The file rpms.tar referenced in the ks.cfg file needs to contain
the following packages from rawhide (or newer versions if available).

checkpolicy-1.27.1-1.i386.rpm
glibc-2.3.90-12.i686.rpm
glibc-common-2.3.90-12.i386.rpm
glibc-devel-2.3.90-12.i386.rpm
glibc-headers-2.3.90-12.i386.rpm
hwdata-0.169-1.noarch.rpm
iptables-1.3.2-1.i386.rpm
kernel-2.6.13-1.1567_FC5.i686.rpm
kudzu-1.2.7-1.i386.rpm
libselinux-1.26-6.i386.rpm
libselinux-devel-1.26-6.i386.rpm
libsemanage-1.3.2-1.i386.rpm
libsepol-1.9.4-1.i386.rpm
libsetrans-0.1.7-1.i386.rpm
mkinitrd-4.2.21-1.i386.rpm
module-init-tools-3.2-0.pre7.3.i386.rpm
policycoreutils-1.27.1-1.i386.rpm
procps-3.2.5-7.i386.rpm
selinux-policy-strict-1.27.1-5.noarch.rpm
selinux-policy-strict-sources-1.27.1-5.noarch.rpm
selinux-policy-targeted-1.27.1-4.noarch.rpm
selinux-policy-targeted-sources-1.27.1-4.noarch.rpm
udev-069-3.i386.rpm