acpid

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sat Sep 24 16:14:58 UTC 2005

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Stephen Smalley wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 16:09 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>> Can nobody here help with this (and if not, where could I go for
>> assistance)?  selinux-policy-targeted-1.27.1-2.1 does not solve the
>> problem.

It also appears that there is a regression in acpid's ability to write log
files.  My suspend script writes battery usage stats to
/var/log/battery.log.  Since the most recent update, access to that file
is denied.

Several records like this appear in audit.log:

type=AVC msg=audit(1127578352.719:7582708): avc:  denied  { append } for
pid=3860 comm="thinkpad-T4x-su" name="battery.log" dev=dm-0 ino=910036
scontext=system_u:system_r:apmd_t tcontext=system_u:object_r:var_log_t
tclass=file

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences