[FC5] Samba and SELinux

Christopher J. PeBenito cpebenito at tresys.com
Thu Apr 6 18:40:16 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 14:04 -0400, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 10:36 -0700, Dan Thurman wrote:
[cut]
> allow smbd_t httpdcontent:dir create_dir_perms;
> allow smbd_t httpdcontent:{ file lnk_file } create_file_perms;
[cut]
> Notes to others on cc list:
> 1) Should this already be supported under a boolean in the base policy?

Doesn't seem unreasonable to add.

> 2) If not (or even if so), do we need more general interfaces from
> apache to allow other domains to manage all httpd content types?

It would be required for the support to be added to refpolicy.

> 3) Did I really need to create empty .if and .fc files, or was there
> some way to suppress the need for them when I did the make?

I don't know of a way that doesn't need more infrastructure.  I'll add a
target for fc and if files which will touch them if they're missing,
which will have the same effect.

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC