Amanda client AVC

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sun Apr 16 18:19:13 UTC 2006

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, Stephen Smalley wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 10:17 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

>>> port 697 is listed as uuidgen in /etc/services, so specifically mapping
>>> it to an amanda port type and allowing amanda to bind to it seems wrong.
>>> If this is just a result of probing for any available low port for NIS,
>>> then the allow_ypbind boolean is likely relevant; try enabling it.
>>
>> That stops the denial messages, but Amanda still isn't working.  It fails
>> with "too many dumper retry".  I'm not getting denials, though, so I
>> suppose that must be something else?
>>
>> (Running nscd doesn't seem to help matters.)
>
> Try installing the enableaudit.pp policy module, i.e.
> 	semodule -b /usr/share/selinux/targeted/enableaudit.pp
> and retrying, then recheck your audit messages for anything relevant
> (but note that there may be a lot of irrelevant audit messages enabled
> by it).
>
> That is the equivalent in FC5 to the old 'make enableaudit load' on
> policy sources in FC4 and FC3.
> Then you revert to the normal policy via
> 	semodule -b /usr/share/selinux/targeted/base.pp

Well, I feel silly now.  The problem was failure to include
ip_conntrack_amanda in /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config.  I always seem to
forget that.  Is there a reason it shouldn't be automated somehow when
amanda or amanda-client is installed?

The AVC still reports denied (I usually get several, but with different
port numbers), but amanda runs anyway.

"setsebool allow_ypbind 1" stops the denial messages.

BTW, audit2allow for that AVC says "allow amanda_t
reserved_port_t:tcp_socket name_bind".  I haven't tried that yet, as I
wasn't sure whether it or the boolean was the right thing to do, and I
wasn't sure exactly what the right command was to accomplish the
suggested change.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences