SELINUX=disabled in latest rawhide?

Richard Hally rhally at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 23 19:35:07 UTC 2006

Tom London wrote:
> Running latest rawhide, targeted/enforcing
> (selinux-policy-targeted-2.2.34-3):
>
> After installing lastest rawhide packages today, on reboot, I noticed:
> Apr 23 10:44:36 localhost kernel: SELinux:  Disabled at runtime.
> Apr 23 10:44:36 localhost kernel: SELinux:  Unregistering netfilter hooks
>
> Checking /etc/selinux/config, SELINUX was set to disabled.
>
> I reset SELINUX to enforcing, rebooted in permissive to single, but
> the reboot automagically detected a relabel was needed. It succeeded
> and enforcing reboot works just fine.
>
> tom
> --
> Tom London
>
> --

yup, saw the same thing earlier this morning. The first time I rebooted
to relabel I was in enforcing mode and the system would not come up to
the point where it would do the relabel. Rebooting in permissive to
single user (as above) allowed the relabel and subsequent reboot in
enforcing.
The question still remains, was setting SELINUX=disabled in the config
file intentional?

rh