R: RHEL4 Strict Policy Question

Paolo D. borzoi at caltanet.it
Sat Aug 19 18:06:13 UTC 2006

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 19:26:43 -0400
From: "Ricardo Neves" <jrmneves at hotmail.com>
Subject: RHEL4 Strict Policy Question
To: <fedora-selinux-list at redhat.com>

I'm new to SELinux and I have a basic doubt that I can't find any conclusive

answer.   I'm building a prototype using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and I
want to consider using a strict policy for this project.   The base strict
policy does not come with Red Hat, so I've been searching and reading
conflicting information about it which would be (1)downloading from Red Hat
(I can't find it anywhere) or (2) getting it from Fedora Core 4 and making
some tweaks in the policy.

Can anybody tell me if any of these options apply?   If I need to download
from Red Hat, is it charged and, if I should get from FC4, is it usable at
all when applied to RHEL4?

Thanks in advance,  I apologize if this has been asked before in this
list...

Hello Ricardo,
Did you take in consideration using Tresys' Reference Policy
(http://oss.tresys.com/projects/refpolicy)?
As you can note if you click "Download Release"
(http://oss.tresys.com/projects/refpolicy/wiki/DownloadRelease) and look at
the end of page, there are RPM for RHEL 4 also.

Paolo De Nictolis