auditing support for FC2 w/ kernel 2.6.10-1.771_FC2

Verbeeck Derek DVerbeeck at LIO.AACISD.com
Wed Feb 8 19:37:40 UTC 2006

Greetings,
	I'm trying to get audit support working w/ FC2 and kernel 2.6.10
(provided from a yum repository and recompiled from that source). The
issue is that even when both audit support and syscall auditing are
flagged on in .config, when the system is booting with a rebuilt kernel,
I am not seeing a /dev/audit device file, so the audit software I'm
trying to use fails. I'm trying to use laus, a third party application
written by Novell, which builds fine from source, but fails due to lack
of /dev/audit. I have tried to mknod the device file myself with no
success, it still complains about not having the audit device.
	Does anyone have experience with a similar scenario? Am I going
about this the wrong way?

Thanks for your time!

Derek Verbeeck
System Administrator