auditing support for FC2 w/ kernel 2.6.10-1.771_FC2

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 21:40:24 UTC 2006

>The make fails out on a bunch of calls to some functions.

Strange. The tarball only has automake files which create a Makefile from the
native auto packages. It should work fine unless the auto packages are deficient.
You might want to use the fc4 srpm. It has a patch to let you use a slightly
older glibc-kernheaders. The one on the people page assumes using rawhide's
glibc-kernheaders.

>The site mentions needing updated glibc-kernel headers, but can these even be
>safely updated without hosing the system?

I wouldn't permanently leave it that way. Safest thing to do is install it on the
replica machine and just copy the linux/audit.h file to /usr/include/linux.

-Steve