Samba access for public_html.

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 10:07:47 UTC 2006

I'd like to be able to drag and drop files in ~/public_html on my FC4
machine running the stock targetted policy with Samba.  I'm unable to
see that public_html even exists when browsing my share, let alone
manipulate files.  Here's the avc log:

type=AVC msg=audit(1140775433.847:9264): avc:  denied  { getattr } for
 pid=30827 comm="smbd" name="public_html" dev=md0 ino=8375104
scontext=system_u:system_r:smbd_t
tcontext=user_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t tclass=dir

Is there an boolean that can be set or is this a job for audit2allow?
Thank you very much!

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."