FC4 documentation for apache + selinux ?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Jan 5 14:36:39 UTC 2006

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Is there any documentation about the interaction
> of selinux and apache under Fedora-4?
>
> I looked at "Understanding and Customizing the Apache HTTP SELinux Policy"
> at <http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-apache-fc3/index.html>,
> but the changes between FC3 and FC4 seemed to make much of this irrelevant.
>
> Is there a corresponding document for FC4?

Most of the principles remain the same in FC4. I think the biggest
single thing that you need to remember is that FC4 uses the "targeted"
policy by default, whilst the examples in the document are for the
"strict" policy. Do the appropriate substitutions in examples and most
things will work.

It's also worth reading "man httpd_selinux"

Paul.