Postfix virtual and Dovecot

Karyl F. Stein karyl.lists at mailforest.com
Sat Jan 7 04:23:24 UTC 2006

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

>I use this :
>
>I. In /etc/postfix/main.cf
>
>mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail
>
>II. In /etc/procmailrc
>
>MAILDIR=$HOME/.maildir
>DEFAULT=./
>LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/logfile
>
>and if you want
>
>SPAM=.Spam.Auto/
>
>:0fw: .spamc.lock
>* < 256000
>| spamc
>
>:0
>$SPAM
>
>III. In /etc/dovecot.conf
>default_mail_env = maildir:%h/.maildir
>
>Regards,

Thanks, Nicolas.  My email users do not have UNIX accounts, which makes
things a little more difficult.  However, your suggestion of using an
alternate transport brought me to maildrop.  It looks like maildrop
might work nicely for what I need and seems to be documented in
Postfix.  However, I'd rather not install another layer of complexity if
possible.  Can you do something like create a "local" policy that won't
be overwritten when a new targeted policy RPM is released?  That way I
could configure Postfix to have write access to mail_spool_t.