dbus error message

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 14:08:20 UTC 2006

>I feel is,if these messages are due to CAP_AUDIT_WRITE capability problem
>then,adding this line to policy would have fixed the problem but that was not
>happening.
>
>allow initrc_t self:capability { audit_write audit_control };

There are 2 ways that the syscall can fail, MAC checks and DAC checks. The above
line may help MAC checks, but does nothing for the DAC check. I have a patch in
rawhide that is being tested so that when dbus changes from root to the dbus
user, it retains that capability. When I'm satisfied that I haven't introduced a
new bug with that patch, I'll port it to dbus in RHEL4 - maybe U4.

>> does it fill the logs with it? If you just get a couple, all is well.
>
>These meesages sometimes fills log,and appears on execution of
>setenforce,make load and some selinux command.

There was an updated targeted policy released after U2 that should alleviate any
MAC check problems. The DAC check problem shouldn't fill your logs.

-Steve