Problem with run_init

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Mon Jun 26 11:56:50 UTC 2006

Roland Cruesemann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this is a rather basic question concerning run_init.
> I use the targeted policy.
> If I start a daemon, for example postgresql, with run_init:
> run_init /etc/init.d/postgresql start
> postgresql ends up in the unconfined_t domain.
> But during a reboot postgresql is transferred to the
> correct postgresql_t domain.
> The content of /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/initrc_context is
> user_u:system_r:unconfined_t
> .c_t
run_init should only be needed for strict (If sysadm_r is not allowed to
transition) and mls policies.
Although it should work correctly in targeted policy.  Please bugzilla
and please use ordinary service
 scripts.  The policy allows unconfined_t to transition to initrc_t when
executing initrc_exec_t (labels on /etc/init.d/*)
And then initr_t transitions to postgresql_t when executing
postgresql_exec_t files.