[F8] setroubleshoot running at 85-95% of CPU

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Fri Dec 14 21:22:31 UTC 2007

John Dennis wrote"
>File a bug report for starters. It would really help to get some
>diagnostic information. To do this edit
>/etc/setroubleshoot/setroubleshoot.cfg, find the section in
>the cfg file
>label setroubleshootd_log, in that section change the value of
>level to
>debug and then restart setroubleshootd with
>
>/sbin/service setroubleshoot restart
>
>After it misbehaves stop the service with
>
>/sbin/service setroubleshoot stop
>
>Then attach the logfile /var/log/setroubleshoot/setroubleshootd.log to
>the bug report.

Ok, I have set the level = debug, started setroublesootd and tail'ed
/var/log/setroubleshootd/*.log for about 15-30 minutes and I see
nothing at all.  Not a single entry was logged.

I tried to bring up the sealert (or Applications->System-Tools->
SELinux Troubleshooter) and I was not able to get/see the gui
for this application to even come up.  It refuses to display
the gui.

Any ideas?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.