audit message on shutdown

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 4 14:30:24 UTC 2007

>and apparently harmless, since the clock is running ok on subsequent boot (but
>I am using NTP). Is it safe to ignore this or should I dig deeper ?

Yes this is safe to ignore. Not all audit messages are related SE Linux. There
are a fair amount that are intended to meet CAPP/LSPP and other security
standards. They say that changes to time settings should be audited. Since this
action occurs after the audit daemon has exited, it winds up on the console.

-Steve