Re: selinux and oracle

Jack Null wrote:
I have a RHEL4U4 server that will become an Oracle 10gR2 server in three weeks. Almost all of the documentation I have seen about installing oracle on a selinux enabled server says to turn off selinux. Only 1 document said that oracle and selinux can function together. So can oracle and selinux play nice or do I have to turn it off?
They should be able to play nice. The only place they might hit would be if there is a web interface. Oracle might also be seeking to eek out every bit of performace. SELinux can add some load between 2-20% depending on which performance test you run.

Thanks,
Adam