Re: Problem with label on /

On 10/01/07, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh redhat com> wrote:
Adam Huffman wrote:
> Rather unwisely I followed through some advice from setroubleshootd on
> a new FC6 test system without thinking through the implications.
>
> It advised me to run:
>
> chcon -R -t xen_image_t /
>
> because xend was having some trouble with virtual disk files.
>
> This had some interesting consequences, most of which I have been able
> to fix via relabelling.
>
> However, there are still errors being reported for various daemons.  E.g.
>
> SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/cupsd (cupsd_t) "search" access to /
> (xen_image_t).

xen images should be in their own directory.  Not in / or /root.  The
default directory for xen images is under /var/lib/xen, which would
solve your problem.  I will take a look at the troubleshoot plugin to
make fix it up.

Yes, I was only experimenting with different locations because of an
error in virt-install (it was complaining that it couldn't get access
to the virtual disks I was creating).