Today's rawhide update

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 21 15:23:53 UTC 2007

>> libsemanage.semanage_commit_sandbox: Error while renaming
>> /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active to
/etc/selinux/targeted/modules/previous.
>> /usr/sbin/semanage: Could not add SELinux user guest_u
>> libsemanage.semanage_commit_sandbox: Error while renaming
>> /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active to
/etc/selinux/targeted/modules/previous.
>> /usr/sbin/semanage: Could not add SELinux user xguest_u
>>   Cleanup   : policycoreutils              ####################### [16/22]
>

>Steve, why is this alarming?

Cause it sounds like a user type was not successfully added to the on-disk
policy. Running "semanage user -l" shows that neither guest_u or xguest_u exist.

> I'm almost certain that I've seen this before on my own system. Should I be
> concerned as well?

I think this indicates a problem with libsemanage or selinux policy. And by the
terseness of the error messages, I wonder if there's enough information to
diagnose *why* this failed. An errno might be useful here.

-Steve