RPM with seperate selinux package

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Fri May 25 20:50:23 UTC 2007

I've been building syslog-ng RPMs, with the needed selinux module
as a separate sub-package following the instructions at:

	http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/SELinux/PolicyModules

but there's a problem with the logics of having the selinux package
"Requires: main package", as then the main package will get installed
and started before there is a working policy installed.

So, is there any way of re-ordering this, without having the main
package depend on the selinux package? i.e. I want to allow someone
to install only the syslog-ng-2.0.4-12.i386.rpm if they don't want
the selinux module, but I want the selinux module to be installed
first if both are installed in the same operation.

My current srpm --> http://tanso.net/yum/packages/syslog-ng-2.0.4-12.src.rpm

   -jf