[unclassified] Re: Problem getting samba share running

Knute Johnson knute at frazmtn.com
Thu Nov 15 18:49:22 UTC 2007

>On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 19:32 -0800, Knute Johnson wrote:
>> No matter what I try, I keep getting a selinux error when I create a
>> share in my home directory.  I've enabled home directories and set
>> read/write in the booleans, I've set the directory to rw for all
>> users, and I've tried several different contexts, samba_share_t,
>> public_content_rw_t and at least one other with the same results.
>> Here is the message I get:
>>
>> avc: denied { read } for comm=nmbd dev=inotifyfs path=inotify
>> pid=3296 scontext=system_u:system_r:nmbd_t:s0 tclass=dir
>> tcontext=system_u:object_r:inotifyfs_t:s0
>>
>> I've looked at the tutorials and they all apparently lack some vital
>> information that 'every body knows' except me :-).
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>
>inotifyfs is a pseudo filesystem for the kernel's inotify API
>(monitoring file system events).  You can allow it via a local policy
>module using audit2allow until it gets added to the default policy.
>
>--
>Stephen Smalley
>National Security Agency

Stephen:

Thanks for your response.  I need a little more help.  I managed to
create the local.te file but I can't make/reload/ or load it.  The
help files I found searching about say I need package selinux-policy-
targeted-sources.  There doesn't seem to be one of those packages for
F8.  Where do I go from here?

Thanks,

--
Knute Johnson