enabling selinux

Hi,

I did a yum upgrade from Fedora 8 to Rawhide and disabled SELinux during the upgrade just to avoid issues. Now that I finished upgrading, I tried setting it to on and in enforcing mode.

Relabeling proceeded as expected though seemed slower than usual. After bootup, I noticed that it says it is in permissive mode. Lots of things have changed including the init system and I am not sure what to check. Can someone help me out?

# cat /etc/selinux/config

# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
#	enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
#	permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
#	disabled - SELinux is fully disabled.
SELINUX=enabled
# SELINUXTYPE= type of policy in use. Possible values are:
#	targeted - Only targeted network daemons are protected.
#	strict - Full SELinux protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

# SETLOCALDEFS= Check local definition changes
SETLOCALDEFS=0

----

# sestatus

SELinux status:                 enabled
SELinuxfs mount:                /selinux
Current mode:                   permissive
Mode from config file:          error (Success)
Policy version:                 22
Policy from config file:        targeted

# rpm -qa | grep -i selinux

libselinux-2.0.61-1.fc9.i386
selinux-policy-targeted-3.3.1-26.fc9.noarch

Rahul