gconf alert

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 09:01:16 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Valent Turkovic
<valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>  >  > On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 6:55 PM, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:
>  >  >>  Hash: SHA1
>  >  >>
>  >  >>  Valent Turkovic wrote:
>  >  >>
>  >  >>> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 6:36 PM, John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com> wrote:
>  >  >>  >> Valent Turkovic wrote:
>  >  >>  >>  > I'm creating live cds under rawhide and I have selinux in permissive
>  >  >>  >>  > mode, could that be reason I'm seeing these hundreds of alerts?
>  >  >>  >>
>  >  >>  >>  https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-selinux-list/2008-March/msg00130.html
>  >  >>  >>
>  >  >>  >>  --
>  >  >>  >>  John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>
>  >  >>  >>
>  >  >>  >
>  >  >>  > Ok, I'm an idiot :) I got so much going on at once (work, moving to
>  >  >>  > new apartment, etc...) that I totally forgot I got this replied
>  >  >>  > already.
>  >  >>  >
>  >  >>  > But I want to keep in permissive an not enforcing mode so is just
>  >  >>  > "load_policy" enough ?
>  >  >>  >
>  >  >>  > Cheers,
>  >  >>  > Valent.
>  >  >>  >
>  >  >>  load_policy and you might need to kill any processes that are running as
>  >  >>  unlabeled_t.  Potentially you could have files that are mislabeled.
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  > I made several load_policy and relabels with reboot ans I still see
>  >  > these errors!
>  >  > Do you have any idea why?
>  >  >
>  >  > Cheers,
>  >  > Valent
>  >  > .
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  Do you have two policy files in /etc/selinux/targeted/policy?
>
>  # ls -al /etc/selinux/targeted/policy
>  total 4056
>  drwxr-xr-x 2 root root    4096 2008-04-03 23:05 .
>  drwxr-xr-x 5 root root    4096 2008-04-03 23:05 ..
>  -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4128435 2008-04-03 23:05 policy.21
>
>  as you can see I have only on file in policy directory
>

>  >  If you do, remove the lower version and then execute load_policy,
>  >  Relabel the file in question and you should not have a problem.   If the
>  >  file is in /tmp you can remove it or set its label to tmp_t.
>
>  I'm going now to move all files from /tmp to another folder and then
>  if reboot succeeds I'll delete those files and see if I still see
>  selinux alerts.
>
>  So you haven't seen this kind of error? Nobody has reported anything similar?
>

>  Valent.
>
>  --
>  http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
>  linux, blog, anime, spirituality, windsurf, wireless

Even after deleting all files in /tmp folder I still see these two
alerts (in attachemen).

I investigated alert about saved_state.tmp file and with locate file
command I found this:
/home/valentt/.gconfd/saved_state

does that give you any more clues why I'm seeing these alerts? I'm now
in Fedora 8 not in Rawhide but in Rawhide I see same alerts.

Is it possible that livecd-creator does some things and breaks selinux
in some way that you still aren't aware of?

Valent.