selinux and denied gconf errors

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 4 18:33:38 UTC 2008

> > All labeling issues, either things on disk have no
> label (they were
> > created on a machine not running SELinux), they have
> an old label (I
> > don't remember us changing .gconfd anytime
> recently) or any number of
> > other things.
> >
> > Easiest is:
> >
> > touch /.autorelabel; reboot
> >
> Easiest and the biggest pain in the butt.  Please do this
> as a last
> resort to fix labeling.  Easiest is restorecon -R -v
> PATHTOOFFENDINGFILE, Next restorecon -R -v
> /TOPDIROFPATHTOOFFENDINGFILE
I tried the restorecon for all of them, they were like 20 or more warnings and it failed :(, it was more of a pain to go through those 20 or so each one individually and still have to see them :(

I applied the magic
touch /.autorelabel; reboot

and it fixed those.

> Unlabled_t files are caused by me, trying to clean up file
> context and
> making a mistake.  I updated the policy fairly quickly to
> try to
> eliminate this problem.  But I am sorry it bit some of you.
No problem, I applied a brute force removal of all files in /tmp/
I did a
# rm -rf /tmp/*

and checked back if there were files and I removed those by brute force.  and all appears well :)

I have been through this before and with your guidance and help, I overcame these :)

> > You also might fix all/most of these with
> >
> > restorecon -R -v /home /root
> >
> > -Eric
> >
> > --

Thanks for checking back.  Now its nsplugin and selinux, but will get to that one later.

Regards,

Antonio