mailman doesn't receive messages from sendmail on fresh F8 install

Edward Kuns ekuns at kilroy.chi.il.us
Tue Feb 19 20:50:01 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 14:00 -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> if you
>
> chcon -t mailman_mail_exec_t /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman
>
> Does it work?

Yes, I assume so, as there is no output complaining that it failed, and:

# ls -lZ /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman
-rwxr-sr-x  root mailman
system_u:object_r:mailman_mail_exec_t:s0 /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman

> Ok could you run
>
> # grep mailman /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M mymailman
> # semodule -i mymailman.pp

Thanks.  This appears to have fixed the problem.  I have not
exhaustively tested, but everything appears to be working now.  I see
that there is a mymailman.te file created as a result of the above.
This file contains the text:

module mymailman 1.0;

require {
	type sendmail_t;
	type mailman_log_t;
	type mailman_data_t;
	class dir { write remove_name search add_name };
	class file { write rename getattr read create append };
}

#============= sendmail_t ==============
allow sendmail_t mailman_data_t:dir { write remove_name add_name };
allow sendmail_t mailman_data_t:file { write rename getattr create };
allow sendmail_t mailman_log_t:dir search;
allow sendmail_t mailman_log_t:file { read getattr append };

Am I the first to try to get mailman and sendmail working together under
selinux with Fedora?  Either way, something resembling the above should
probably become a default policy, as, if I'm the first I won't be the
last!    What can I do to help refine the above into a genuine and
genuinely useful policy?

I am clearly still learning about selinux!

	Thanks,

	Eddie

--
Edward Kuns <ekuns at kilroy.chi.il.us>