Relocate directories (e.g. tmp): how?

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 04:36:45 UTC 2008

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008, Chris Adams wrote:
> I hit this too; my solution was to bind mount /tmp onto
> /var/tmp.  My /etc/fstab has:
> /tmp	/var/tmp	none	bind

Thanks! I was thinking about this before but somehow my fstab
configuration was incorrect. I copy yours and now it works
nicely.

That said, I still interested in "SELinux solution". This one
seems to be a work-around and SELinux may actually block it in
the future.

Furthermore, there is a small inconvenience that if I boot from
rescue CD, the tmp directory probably won't be mounted.

--
                              (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo

Xinnian Kuaile! 新年快樂 Gongxi Facai 恭喜發財