Local modifications best practices?

Jan Kasprzak kas at fi.muni.cz
Thu Jul 10 20:05:19 UTC 2008

	Hello,

are there any best practices for storing local modifications to the
security policy? Where to put local *.fc and *.te files and how to
create and install the binary modules from them?

	For example - on my router I keep the state data
(arpwatch, dhcpd.leases, etc) on a shared DRBD volume, so I need
to add local *.fc file for this volume, in order arpwatch and dhcpd
can access it.

	So far I have put the local *.te and *.fc files into /root/selinux,
created /root/selinux/Makefile, and I use "make" for compiling the
modules, and "make install" for installing them. Is there any canonical
way of doing this on Fedora?

	Thanks,

-Yenya
--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |