SELinux concerning /home symlink?

Mike mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 21:54:51 UTC 2008

Mike <mike.cloaked <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks everyone - I will try bind mounting this evening....

I got the /home pointing to /opt/Local/home just fine - but ...now doing mail:

Having just been pretty pleased with myself for getting my system running
I now find a problem.... This question was also posted to Fedora list.

First I have my home directory bind mounted from /home to /opt/Local/home
with no problems, and I bind mount using an fstab entry like
/opt/Local/home   /home   ext3 bind 0 0

The context for /home is system_u:object_r:home_root_t:s0
and for /opt/Local/home it is the same.

The mount works fine during boot - so I tried the same with my mail.

I have an fstab entry
/opt/Local/spool/mail /var/spool/mail   ext3 bind  0 0

The context for /var/spool/mail is system_u:object_r:mail_spool_t:s0
and for /opt/Local/spool/mail it is also the same.

I can manually do
mount /var/spool/mail  and the bind mount works fine.

However on boot I get an avc denial, with kernel: type=1400 and
and avc: denied {mounton} .... comm="mount" path="/var/spool/mail"
dev=sda5 ino=419655 scontext=system_u:system_r:mount_t:so
tcontext=system_u:object_r:mail_spool_t:so class=dir

I am not sure what to change to make this work?