What is the proper context for .strigi?

Eric Paris eparis at redhat.com
Mon Jun 16 16:10:52 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 08:36 -0700, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> I have run into a problem of limted space for .strigi
> which was located in my home directory, so I decided
> to move ~/.strigi to another partition with ample space
> and created a symbolic link from ~/.strigi to the new
> location on a different partition.
>
> Selinux is reporting:
> SELinux is preventing strigidaemon (unconfined_t) "mmap_zero" to
> <Unknown> (unconfined_t).

I'm ignoring your question because I have no idea, but I can say that
this denial has nothing at all to do with the location of .strigi.  This
denial say that the program is calling mmap with MAP_FIXED on an area of
memory < 64k (usually when people ask for this they ask for NULL).  This
is very rarely not needed by any program.  emulators like wine sometimes
need this and if so I'd suggest actually writing policy around
strigidaemon to allow this permission rather than twiddle the boolean or
allow it in proc....

-Eric