polyinstantiation of the /tmp dir

Clarkson, Mike R (US SSA) mike.clarkson at baesystems.com
Wed May 14 23:11:33 UTC 2008

I'm having a problem setting up polyinstantiation for the /tmp dir. I'm
using RHEL5.1 and I've set it up to create instance directories under
the /tmp-inst directory based on level when using newrole. It works, but
the instance directory has ownership/permissions (dac permissions) set
so that the user can not write to the polyinstantiated directory

#ls -l /tmp-inst/
total 24
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 14 20:17
system_u:object_r:tmp_t:s0-s4:c0.c255_clarkson
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 14 18:40
system_u:object_r:tmp_t:s4:c0.c255_clarkson

Either the directories need to be created with the user as the owner
(clarkson in this case), or the permissions need to be 777.

I've set this up before on other boxes and had it work. Not sure what
the difference is now. Any ideas?