/var/spool mount denied

QingLong qinglong at Bolizm.ihep.su
Sat Oct 4 18:50:10 UTC 2008

> You have a somewhat unusual set of point points there.

   Well, I know.
 But I use to use different fs types and fs parameters (and mount options)
 as various filesystem parts have different functionality and operating modes.
 E.g. traditional news spool on a Usenet News server needs lo-o-ots of inodes.

> Fix for now: reboot so that all "problem" filesystems are left
> unmounted (or manually unmount all of them), then change the context
> type of the mountpoint directories to mnt_t:
>
> # chcon -t mnt_t /var/run /var/spool /var/lock

   Thank you.

   And a bit more questions, if you let me.
 Once the problem is in the context of mount points,
 then how does post-startup manual `mount -a' succeed?
 I believe it would fail quite in the same manner, wouldn't it?

   And why don't other ``unusual'' filesystems (I have several others)
 fail in the same way, but get mounted during startup quite successfully?
 Aren't there some race conditions?

      QingLong.