Selinux config to get gutenprint 5.2 beta working under Fedora 8

Edward Kuns ekuns at kilroy.chi.il.us
Mon Oct 13 04:44:47 UTC 2008

I just bought a printer that only works well via the gutenprint 5.2 beta
4 from openprinting.org.  The selinux configuration to allow gutenprint
to function is:

/opt/gutenprint/ppds/.* -- system_u:object_r:cupsd_rw_etc_t:s0
/opt/gutenprint/s?bin/.* -- system_u:object_r:lpr_exec_t:s0
/opt/gutenprint/cups/lib/filter/.* -- system_u:object_r:bin_t:s0

I have verified that this configuration works.  I haven't verified that
it's the minimal configuration, but it's based on existing printer
configurations from selinux.

            Eddie