SELinux Reset

Peter Joseph peterjb at mtaonline.net
Mon Aug 10 17:26:27 UTC 2009

>>> It was the unconfined_login boolean that got him
>>
>> So disabling unconfined_login boolean stopped him from being able to
>> login?

That is correct.

[root at rf57 active]# cat booleans.local
# This file is auto-generated by libsemanage
# Do not edit directly.

allow_xserver_execmem=1
unconfined_login=0
__________________________________

Not being able to solve the problem I re-installed F11 and change the
default setting of unconfined_login again.  Sure enough,  the only way to
get back in is by setting selinux=0.

I tried all sorts of ways to restore it to its default, but the problem I am
running into is:

root at rf57 r5f7]# /usr/sbin/getenforce
Disabled

[root at rf57 r5f7]# /usr/sbin/getsebool unconfined_login
/usr/sbin/getsebool:  SELinux is disabled

[root at rf57 selinux]# setsebool unconfined_login 1
setsebool:  SELinux is disabled.

There has to be a way of getting around this.