setroubleshooter not filing bugs, is there another way

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 23:20:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Antonio
Olivares<olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear fellow selinux experts,
>
> I am encountering a problem with setroubleshooter and avc denials for wine.   It gives me a fatal error report, but I can't copy + paste like I used to, I tried to file a bugzilla report but the process hangs and it is not being sent.  Is there another way to capture the report so I can send in the avc denials?
>
> I am running xfce fully updated in rawhide.  I try to dmesg but get no avcs and I can't run windows programs under wine without seeing the setroubleshoot(er) go crazy :(
>
> Thanks,
>
> Antonio

If you are getting AVCs, you should see in /var/log/messages lines
that look like:

Aug 17 13:08:42 tlondon setroubleshoot: SELinux is preventing abrt
(initrc_t) "add_name" var_t. For complete SELinux messages. run
sealert -l 41767f84-0e7c-4e14-a318-8f2f97877019

You should be able to run "sealert" with the arguments in the message
to produce a text version of the alert that you can copy/paste into a
bugzilla.

tom
--
Tom London