Fwd: SELinux user login problem

prakash hallalli prakashkhallalli at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 16:53:19 UTC 2009

Hi All,

        I am using CentOS-5 x86_64, I have followed what u have sent the
steps.
        But still i am getting same user login problem. I am not able to
login
        user properly in system.

      These are i have followed the steps.

     1. Create a source policy module:-

      #cd /home/prakash
      #vi prakash.te
        policy_module(prakash, 0.0.1)
        role prakash_r;
        userdom_unpriv_user_template(prakash);

       2. Build the source policy module:

        #make -f /usr/share/selinux/devel/Makefile

       3. Install the binary policy module:

       #semodule -i prakash.pp

     4. Create default contexts for prakash:

       #cd /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/users
       #vi prakash
        system_r:system_local_login_t:s0   prakash_r:prakash_t:s0
        system_r:remote_login_t:s0             prakash_r:prakash_t:s0
        system_r:sshd_t:s0                          prakash_r:prakash_t:s0
        system_r:crond_t:s0                         prakash_r:prakash_t:s0
        system_r:xdm_t:s0                           prakash_r:prakash_t:s0
        prakash_r:prakash_su_t:s0              prakash_r:prakash_t:s0
        prakash_r:prakash_sudo_t:s0          prakash_r:prakash_t:s0
        system_r:initrc_su_t:s0                     prakash_r:prakash_t:s0
        prakash_r:prakash_t:s0                     prakash_r:prakash_t:s0

5. Create a SELinux user mapping for prakash:

     #semanage user -a -L s0 -r s0-s0 -R "prakash_r" -P user prakash

6. Add new prakash user for user1:

     #useradd -Z prakash user1

7. when i will try to login in the system, will get permission denied
message.

gtt login: user1
password: XXXXXX

 -bash:  /home/user1/.bash_profile: Permission denied
-bash-3.1$id
uid=524(user1) gid=525(user1) groups=525(user1)
context=prakash:prakash_r:prakash_t

  I tryed  to one more user then all so i got same problem. I am not sure
what i did  the mistakes, Please help me what i have to do.

Thanks,
Prakash, k, h.