Question about split betweeen delivered and local policy

Daniel Fazekas fdsubs at t-online.hu
Thu Jul 9 19:51:59 UTC 2009

On Jul 9, 2009, at 21:36, David Highley wrote:

> For example, email seems to always need selinux policy changes so
> that avc's are not blocking spamassassin and pyzor.

SpamAssassin and Pyzor should be working fine without any further
tweaking since some Fedora releases ago. Some time around Fedora 8 or 9.

Are you using the spamassassin service (spamd)?
Are the relevant spamassassin selinux bools enabled?

# getsebool -a | grep spam
spamassassin_can_network --> on
spamd_enable_home_dirs --> on

If they still don't work properly this way, you should check if the
contexts went wrong with some files in the home directories.
restorecon -Rv /root /home

I think if you aren't doing anything unusual yet basic packages break,
the recommended course of action is to file a Bugzilla report rather
than try and patch it with your custom local policy.