Newbie Q

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Mar 20 20:42:31 UTC 2009

Aaron Gray wrote:
> I am trying to audit2allow on F10 to allow a cgi-bin perl script to
> run on Apache. Runs fine in permissive mode not in enforcing.
>
> I bought the O'Reilly SE Linux book and learned the basics but it does
> not really seem to help me on Fedora.
>
> there was no /var/log/kernel so I tried /var/log/secure with the
> following command sequence
>
>    setenforce 0
>
>    # access the cgi from the web
>
>    setenforce 1
>
>    audit2allow -l -i /var/log/secure
The audit log file is /var/log/audit/audit.log. Note, you must have root
privileges to read it.

> What is strange also is the system is not flagging things up as a
> notification icon anymore in enforcing mode.
Do you mean the "Star" Icon which opens the SETroubleshoot browser is
not appearing on your desktop?

If so are there any errors in /var/log/setroubleshoot/setroubleshootd.log?

Are there actually AVC messages in the /var/log/audit/audit.log file?

What version of setroubleshoot is installed?