AVC:s on xauth file when doing su

Göran Uddeborg goeran at uddeborg.se
Sun Jan 3 21:00:08 UTC 2010

Dominick Grift:
> That is odd, these commands do return stuff on my f12 system(s)

Odd indeed.  Are we on the same policy?  I have 3.6.32-63.fc12.

If you wish to compare, I've placed the output of "sesearch --allow -t
xauth_exec_t" in ftp://ftp.uddeborg.se/pub/sesearch

> Looks like polkit runs in the wrong SELinux environment

I ran restorecon on polkitd, and its type was indeed changed.  I
restarted it, and it looks better now.

mimmi$ ps -ZC polkitd
LABEL                             PID TTY          TIME CMD
system_u:system_r:policykit_t:SystemLow-SystemHigh 723 ? 00:00:00 polkitd

> (i would suggest a file system relabel just for peace of mind)

Probably a good idea.  First, I'm running a "fixfiles check" on
everything now, to see if I can find anything that would explain the
behaviour.  So far it has only found pretty unimportant things, like
files under ~/.gconf that had user_home_t rather than gconf_home_t.